Wednesday, January 18, 2012

This Is Not Some West Side Story

Does love exist? I mean true love. One between two people who care about one another so dearly. If it does exist, could it happen to someone like me? No, of course not. My head needs to think straight. Get A's, make enough cash to go to college, and become a writer. That is my plan, so why is he trying so hard to mess this up? He is Brad. He is screwing with my head.

He is the opposite of me. He's that cocky guy who everyone knows. That all the sluts try to get with and all the boys are 'bros' with. He comes from money, but who from this town doesn't? He thinks he's everything. Why does he even want to get to know me?

He says I'm different. Am I different because I'm the only girl who isn't impressed by his arogance. He says he's different, but I dont believe. Why am I even thinking about this? We wouldn't work. I'm a realist. I'm not in some cheesy movie, where the guy becomes a prince and sweeps her off her feet. Real life princes, like him, don't go for people below them. He should be with someone around his status.

My plan was to stay under the radar. Why did he notice me? I can hear Jenn now "This is perfect" she believed in fairy tales. She loved things like this. Alex would be more on my side "This isn't some west side story. Be friendly, but don't be stupid"

I can't get caught up in stuff like this. Since Brad came into the picture, so did a girl not so kind. Miranda. The Ex. The girl who since I got into this town has been giving me a rough time. This just gave her more of a reason. This was really messing up my plans. Just breathe.....finish high school in three years.....get a free ride to Brown.....become a writer. Then, and only, maybe then I can have a social life.

No comments:

Post a Comment